Welcome

Thanks for checking out my blog. I hope to encourage you, and grow myself by writing down what God is doing in my life.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Osama

Well, it's midnight and I have to get up in a little over 6 hours, but I gotta write about this. This is a significant day in history as we all know, a man who has terrorized and killed thousands upon thousands of people is now dead. As I heard the news myself, I will confess I felt some joy. I thought, "Yes! Finally that piece of trash is getting what he deserves!" Then I began to read... I read many, many hateful postings about him on facebook. I noticed something; the postings of believers and un-believers were no different. This alarmed me greatly. It was when I read the post, "Burn in Hell, Osama Bin Laden!" that I knew something was so off here.

Am I wrong or are we all sinners? Have we not all broken God's law, and thus we are all culpable for our actions? Yes, Osama sinned on a much larger scale than many others, but his fate is same for all those who do not believe. There is none who is righteous, no not one!! Paul said, "Christ came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost." In short, we are all Osama. We are all hateful, prideful idolaters who want nothing to do with God. It is by God's grace alone that we are saved. I'm thinking of how many people are celebrating the death of Osama tonight, and then continuing in their life of sin tomorrow. We are hypocrites to rejoice in this man's death; because we deserve the same. Yes, justice was needed and it has been carried out, but don't you dare forget about the love that has been shown to you. A perfect and holy love that is the only dividing wall between you and Hell.

So what now? What do we do? Please I beg you, use this as a reminder to being a loving people. A people that loves because HE FIRST loved us. This should also remind us of where sin ultimately leads. Sin=death, that is the formula, and Osama is experiencing that right now.
So let this May 1st be a day where your love for God and hatred for sin is renewed; not a day focused on the death of one man.

No comments:

Post a Comment